The missing thread topic this winter - Snowshoes

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone notice the near absence of snow shoes threads this winter. I expect we will see buy two pairs get one free very soon ;)

No doubt directly correlated to the lack or absence of post hole rhetoric.

I had the same thought. I wish we could argue about trails being torn-up with post holes. Looks like March is about to get pretty warm too now.

I guess many kittens have been saved this year. I was out of town weds and Thursday but when I came back late last night there was snow on the ground and snowmachine just drove by the house so its not spring yet

Anyone notice the near absence of snow shoes threads this winter. I expect we will see buy two pairs get one free very soon ;)

The conversation and debate on the appropriateness of microspikes, Yaktrax, and crampons in various conditions may have partially taken its place, although it is not nearly as heated.

TG the kittens are ok.

Four pair of snowshoes have been sitting in the back of my car unused all winter. I took them out the other day. Sure indication we're in for a major snowstorm.

I used my snow shoes for the second time this season on Garfield Ridge Trail between Garfield Trail and Gale River Trail. There was actually snow in there. The Franconia Brook trail sign was just above snow, blazes for a length stretch were knee to waist high and I was actually walking in the snow covered tree branches in places. Was shocked. Haven't seen snow pack like this anywhere all year. Was kinda cool.

We used snowshoes this past Friday on the ridge from Bond to S. Twin and then to N. Twin. Garfield ridge trail between the summit of Garfield and the Skook was post-holed worse than I've ever seen anywhere in my life - by moose! Must be a moose highway in there this year. We came right up on one of the culprits near the bottom of one of the PUDS, HUGE cow, she reared back a little when she saw us and then took off through the woods. She looked great. Yet another amazing experience in the Pemi.