Edmands Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaTom

Reaction score
I heard a rumor that you may be able to access Edmands Path by car via Clinton Road from Base Road due to lack of snow. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Road was gated and closed yesterday. We went out and back to Eisenhower from Crawford Path. I know at least one was making the road walk to ascend Edmands Path but was not carrying snowshoes.

Road was gated and closed yesterday. We went out and back to Eisenhower from Crawford Path. I know at least one was making the road walk to ascend Edmands Path but was not carrying snowshoes.

Ok thanks, someone had reported on Facebook that the entrance from Base Road was not gated...

I too saw that post. I have been up in that neck of the woods several times this winter, always from the 302 side. Twice the gate was open on that end. The most recent trip it was not (that was Monday, 2/22). Seems to be hit or miss. A buddy told me it was open from the base side on that same weekend, can't remember the specific day.

I saw a "trucks entering" sign that normally associated with logging on RT 302. There has been flagging on one side of Mt Clinton road for what I believe is a major cut back of trees along the road. Generally the state will work on projects like these when conditions allow and there isn't a lot of plowing. That might account for the gate being open on occasion.

Clinton Road gated last Saturday, 2/27. Fully loaded log truck there outside of gate getting ready to leave at 9 am.