bennies brook slide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There could be ice above 3000'. With the current weather...warm during the day, below freezing at night, even in the valleys, it will continue to be icy in Adirondacks for some time, especially in places that don't get a lot of sun. The Bennie's slide is oriented northwest, so it may still have snow on the headwall, at the very least. It did snow yesterday in Lake Placid, with a change over to rain in the afternoon. That being said...bring spikes and crampons and hope for the best. You can always cut out at the 'V' with the old Bennie's slide and whack to the trail.

Yes, be ready for snow. At my house in Keene at 1800' we had 4" of snow on Tuesday, and only a very little bit of rain. The ground here is still mostly snow covered this morning; I expect most of it to melt (finally) today.

Update: About half the snow around my house has melted. All slides are still very white when viewed from the road. Don't know when you plan your trip, but it's snow and ice right now.