White Mountains Direttissima Attempt

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the Facebook page, they "Decided to call it off after the Hancocks. Approximately 85 miles and 30k of elevation gain over 20 of 48 4,000 footers In a direct path. Perfectly executed bushwhacks of Owls Head, Galehead, Zealand, West Bond (gash to eye), and North Hancock (in the pouring rain). I still had some in the tank, but the distance to go is too overwhelming to attempt until Sunday."

To attempt a feat like this unsupported and on top of that not ever retracing your steps, is well unbelievably hard. It would be hard sticking to the trails, but to throw in one tough bushwhack after another, so you never use the same trail (even spurs) is amazing, they put it one great effort.

From the Facebook page, they "Decided to call it off after the Hancocks. Approximately 85 miles and 30k of elevation gain over 20 of 48 4,000 footers In a direct path. Perfectly executed bushwhacks of Owls Head, Galehead, Zealand, West Bond (gash to eye), and North Hancock (in the pouring rain). I still had some in the tank, but the distance to go is too overwhelming to attempt until Sunday."

Wow, I can't even imagine the endurance that took....well played!