Trail Adopters Needed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewster

Reaction score
The trails listed below are in the Pemi District of the WMNF, are orphaned, and would love to be adopted.

Trail - Length
Carr Mt. – Warren Side 2.9
Discovery Trail 1.3
East Side 5.1
Edmand’s Path 2.9
Hancock Notch 2.4
Jewell – Above Jewell Spur 2.6
Lincoln Br (from OH) 3.5
Lincoln Br (to OH) 3.4
Lincoln Woods 3.0
Lincoln Woods Interpretive 0.3
North Twin 4.3
Old Skidder Trail 1.8
Pine Flats 0.8
Tunnel Brook 4.1
Westside 0.9

If you have an interest in adopting any one of these trails please contact me at bruce4trails at gmail dot com

The FS is using the beginning of the Owl's Head Slide path, which saw many official and semi-official obfuscation efforts, as a landmark for splitting trail segments? Or am I misinterpreting "OH"?

I do get a chuckle that what claims to be the largest outdoor meetup group in New England appears to have dropped adopting Edmands path.

I do get a chuckle that what claims to be the largest outdoor meetup group in New England appears to have dropped adopting Edmands path.

Hey...Trail work is hard! Even for 6,000 people. ;) They could link hands and stand along the entire trail given each person would have about three feet of trail to maintain. ;)

The FS is using the beginning of the Owl's Head Slide path, which saw many official and semi-official obfuscation efforts, as a landmark for splitting trail segments? Or am I misinterpreting "OH"?

That's good stuff.

More on task, I'll put out support for adopting a trail. It's a nice change of pace and a different way to enjoy being on the trail in addition to being a good way to give back to something you will directly benefit from. I'm into year 7 somehow already and many others on here have gone decades doing trail work. It's rewarding work.

Last edited: