Tuckerman Ravine -- going down?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMTHike

Reaction score
Greetings -

Just looking for some feedback from those of you who like to hike the Tuckerman Ravine Trail. Do you normally take the trail on the way down or do you prefer a different trail for descending?

I rarely go down it, but have done so. I think it's fine to go down if that's what your wondering. My preferences are Lions Head or Boott Spur. I also enjoy going down Boott Spur Link, although if you dislike descending very steep trails avoid that one.

I rarely go down it, but have done so. I think it's fine to go down if that's what your wondering. My preferences are Lions Head or Boott Spur. I also enjoy going down Boott Spur Link, although if you dislike descending very steep trails avoid that one.

No I always go down it without a problem. I was just curious to see what others thought of some of the alternatives. Thanks for the reply.

I have descended it, and would again, but not during late morning or early afternoon on a nice weekend with the volume of upward bound traffic. I prefer to descend Lion Head or Boott Spur.

I went up Boot Spur Link and down Tuck's the other day to redline both trails. It was fine, but very slow for me. In future, Tuck's would not be my descent of choice.
-vegematic