Street and Nye

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
Having done this many years ago, I was remembering all the stickers I got on my legs from these peaks but one of the Rangers said it was much better now. We headed out early as we were trying to beat the rain.

Found the "not a marked trail" sign and started our trek. The day started out nice but I knew it was going to change.

The first water crossing was easy...not much water in them. It was marked by a cairn on each side of where people had crossed. The other 2 crossings were easy as well. There was only one section of "mud" but that was easily rock hopped through. All and all I was surprised.

We made it to the junction for Street and Nye. Someone has a cairn there with Street and Nye etched into the tree. We decided to do Street first. Off we headed. It is not long to get over there 20 min or so. We sat for a bit and ate. Then headed back over. I wanted to be down by noon because that was when there was high chance of rain and thunder storms.

Back at the junction, we headed over to Nye which is only 5 min. away. We just took a picture and headed back. We made our way down seeing 2 guys heading up to do all 46. About an hour before we ended a very light rain started but the tree cover kept us dry. This time I saw the jugs and stuff. Yea! I took pictures and we continued on.

We met 2 sets of people that had gone up Mt. Jo by accident. Just as an FYI, you go past the Mt. Jo sign to the next sign that says Old Nye Ski Trail. At the next junction, stay to the left with the sign that says "Unmarked Trail".