My final disposition?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillwalker

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In preparation for my upcoming solo backpacking trip to the Spanish Pyrenees I executed and had notarized the following attached document. At 76 years old and soon to be 77 I thought it would be prudent to prepare for what will eventually be occurring in the fullness of time. Just not during this trip I hope, but one never knows. I also have a current membership in the Austrian Alpine Club (UK), and American Alpine Clubs which will cover rescue costs, medical costs, and evacuation back to the us if I am sick or injured during the course of my activity. The AAC (UK) also gives me substantial discounts at the Spanish and French Mountain Refuges.

View attachment Sanitized Disposition of Human Remains.doc

When I hiked with Dr Wu over the years, I would joke about always carrying an extra long trash bag and a filled out toe tag for use if I expired on the trail. Now all I would need in Spain is a shoebox :D

That's a very thoughtful gesture, which I hope won't be needed soon. I had thought of doing something similar when we traveled to Everest Base Camp. I told my family and traveling companions, but didn't make it legal. Have a great trip.