Big Slide

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
Long ago I finished on Big Slide with my other kids but unfortunately the weather that day was, cold and socked in with fresh snow on the ground. Today we were going to have a bluebird day, the kind that hurts the eyes in a good way. We got to the lot around 6:15 and there was already on 3 spaces left on a Monday! I was surprised. I knew it filled up fast but that was crazy.

We headed about 6:45ish and just enjoyed a slow pace. We were tired from the day before and had plenty of time.

We made it over the Brothers without incident. I was nervous but put it out of my mind and just focused. Matthew was thoroughly enjoying himself.

We hit the summit only passing girls on their way down. We had the summit all to ourselves and just sat up there for an hour eating and just taking in the amazing view. I was so happy to finally see it.

It was time to head down. Another great day out in the ADK's. Matthew is at 34/46 and 101/111.