Blueberry Mountain Trail from east?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mohamed Ellozy

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Will soon be hiking the Town Line Trail with a friend who is finishing redlining the AT in NH. Hardly a full day's hiking even for an old man :) So was thinking of doing the Blueberry Mountain Trail from Long Pond Road afterwards. I remember that there was logging around the Blueberry Mountain Trail, and that it was closed (probably a few years ago). Current status please?

Many thanks.

I was there in late July and the East Side wasn't being logged at all. Trail was pretty easy to follow. If you go a little west of the summit spur there are some nice ledges that offer unique views - worth the extra 10-15 minutes IMO. Have fun!

Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to that hike; for some reason I have never yet hiked Blueberry Mountain, though I have often hiked neighboring Black Mountain.

I think the true summit of Black Mtn is nicer, but ledge-filled approaches to Blueberry are nicer. Both are well deserving of their spots on the 52 with-a-view list.

Was just there (again) this past weekend - absolutely terrific ledges as you go up. The actual summit is a bit off the trail - and not marked as a spur - not sure I was aware of that the first time I went!!!!! Views from true summit are also outstanding!!!!

No problems with parking in the lot just off Long Pond Rd.

The logging you are referring to was done on the other side of the mountain, on the other end of the trail.

The logging you are referring to was done on the other side of the mountain, on the other end of the trail.

This is from May of 2012. There was indeed logging going on, on the south end off Long Pond Rd. As I read it, this is the end in question. But even the day I took this, it had been re-opened.

aPmLNep9exK7SAY-ZLkkMt2CPlYKOanPIk6C-YjUW68zRFmoy42V2kp0x4Y11sMLmCKfw8KirvrqJIRvHYn6TsHUOw6NijuevJ3eQ7iS9L296n-T-RkrDxGLRO2gEVp5ywiTZk9qxC1uhMXdgnqcVt4M8_Kd1T-wWs9Y3kKLQn5_aLkSWB-XiJomwWls4m7fmi6WeIl7JXB_tDcVJL2i0dFvjz6pyns4GaPn9_Dp9AcdERh7VzXigIv9k4_GkyZaL6xx8IdkKDxGHJdWMnoXS8IyF3pQkzzkUDvz40UGCEa6lmFQFtixywbmZ2xQvrauBFxI-qO8oQVjUlbt1kU3WMe85I32cAanV4lFXodpq36jeOBfGGX6-CZGiI0-fgZMNDg2-QDXx4Yqe5uXkeh_ueAmMLi-Jj4q72GUmWdSOG_zHu-vIA_kFrhF9iJWsyzbIidt3QHjsnehxrmrmM5f87KnMERS_zzScYl8s8DvPyB-pZrLMbA0ObXZFT7uk-Cov0n25l4VpXwyY8IPvl9dA0AUz5iuyFQ5VIo_0NKcFbbANVaXOgM3nUPXwBv56LM1KtAxGhDcAJBbVjKRD0Iggp-w1Bz1OJmOHbXsd_NK5fl6WqMCwQ=w800-h550-no

Last edited: