Seymour day 1 and Sewards day 2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sikes

Reaction score
Seymour starts out level then starts the climb. There was water and mud as you went higher but not too bad. We took our time on the way down so we wouldn't slip. We went and sat the the "rock" just before the summit to enjoy the views. We hiked back out to the car for the hike the next day. I don't know if my trekking poles helped. I needed my hands to pull myself up along the way.

Day 2...Sewards...I was concerned we would be tired from doing Seymour the day before and for sure this was a long day and muddy in spots, especially on the way from Donaldson to Emmons. We were very muddy. I made the mistake of not paying attention and stepped into a mud pit that went right over my boots. YUK. That was the worst. Over to Seward went quickly. The scrambles weren't bad and mud was nothing like the other side. We took Calkins in and out.The cairn was easy to see....it's kind of in the middle of an open area. We did make one mistake and missed the crossing of the river and followed someone else's mistake? I had my gps and whacked over to the correct path and went right along. We had no problem on the way down.