Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saddleback Mountain Sale

Update on current negotiations

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/07/...of-saddleback/

Despite the claim that the two events are separate, no doubt there is some tie. My pure speculation is the current owner is looking at a significant loss and therefore has to decide if they want to sit on it longer and hope for a better offer or take the write off on this one.

Agreed. Too coincidental given that negotiations had stalled because the resort was not eligible for a federal Opportunity Zone tax credit.

Looks like the Berry's finally decided to sell to the Boston firm. In the past they wanted to pay less then the Berry's were willing to sell for.

https://wgme.com/news/local/report-s...en-this-winter

The headline title in the address is misleading. The article is about the sale not when it will reopen. The main chairlift is reportedly in need of replacement. Given the time of year, I suspect that full operation is at least one year out. The business plan has not worked for many years and a past third party evaluation indicated that the only plan that worked was a massive investment in the region to make it destination resort. The big question is what will the new owner do that hasn't been tried in the past?

I warmly remember the old "Bronco Buster Competition" days. Used to love skiing there before lift lines existed. Hope it finally reopens some day.