Mike Pelchat retiring as Manager of Mt Washington State Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very nice person and a true real life Hero.

There are some folks who live and work in these hill whose collective knowledge simply cannot be quantified.
Learned a ton from Mike during my time at the Observatory...doubt there will ever be anyone like him up there again.

Mike and Dianne are legendary. They are also people you'd invite to your back yard cook out or pool party, or just over for a fireside chat, because they are , to the core, some of the nicest folk you'd ever be privileged to know.

If you were in trouble in the Northern Presis, they were also the 2 people you would be most grateful to see no matter what your medical situation.

Mike has left behind a team of folks that are ALL highly trained, highly motivated and most of them are above basic EMT status, as well as back-country veterans. It is a place where McGuyver skills and thinking on the fly is just as important as book knowledge .

I so wish Mike ( and Dianne) a joyful and fulfilling retirement. I'll get to see them a bit more often now.

Congrats Mike.