Mount Washington Via Right of Right Gully/East Snowfields/Tucks/Down Boot Spur

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RGF1 said:
You are right. The snow capped ridge on the left is the Franconia Ridge.
You can also see the summits of Libetry and Flume.

Thanks, RGF.

giggy said:
anyone have a clue of the grade of right of right gully??? I would guess 40 - with maybe a couple of sections of 45 /50. It didn't seem as steep as south gully - now that I think of it.

look down from right gully
IMG_4061_JPG.jpg

IMG_4016_JPG.jpg

Dr. Dasypodidae said:
The proper spelling is Moosilauke, and the Tucks gullies are named Left and Right, not South [and North], which are names for ice climbs in Huntington's.

Giggy wasn't talking about Tuckerman when he wrote "South", he was comparing Huntington's South gully's steepness to Tuckerman's Right of Right's one. So he was, no pun intended, right... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dr. Dasypodidae said:
The proper spelling is Moosilauke, ...

sorry, Dasypodidae, English is not my native lauguage. I just made up the word mooselake by pronunciation, worse, misspell it to mouselake (never realized its meaning). :p :p :p

BTW, a nice view from Moosilauke:
m3.jpg

Last edited:
Blue Z According to most ofthe guide books on the Whites and the Snow Rangers Right Gully averages 45 degrees. It can be a nice way to climb Washington in the winter. I prefer it to Lions head when condtions permit. .
In the spring it is a polualr ski run . It is intersting to watch the Sping Skiing in there. Some interesting characters to put it midly .

RGF1 said:
In the spring it is a polualr ski run . It is intersting to watch the Sping Skiing in there. Some interesting characters to put it midly .

I saw these brave skiers, they hike up with ski boots. They are great!!!

IMG_4050_JPG.jpg

You should go up ther on a nice spring weekend ! It is a lot of fun and the people watching on lunch rocks will cheer and some rate crashes . If it is nice enough pople tend to shed clothing , It seems beer is the beverage of choice . I have ssen some elaborate set ups . Lawn chairs , unbrellas you name iT. . I do not know If one coiuld bring up a grill and have a full blown cook oout, I am surer if it is legal it has been done.
All in all it cn be fun.

meo - thanks - Yes I was comparing tucks to hunts. hunts to tucks. and if we want to be really technical here - south gully is really a snow climb - not ice. thought it can have some ice

BBQ - damn good idea. weber makes a new "compact" grill that runs on the small coleman cannisters. No reason why it can't be done. as long as you haul your sh*t out with ya.

Last edited: