Sue Johnston. "Grid" in "One Calendar Year". Year 2016

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sue - congratulations! That's an amazing feat of planning and execution! It inspires me to work on my goals for the year!

Dennis

CONCORD MONITOR
News > State
N.H. woman becomes first to accomplish White Mountains hiking feat in single year

Sue Johnston poses in the White Mountains in December. She hiked each of New Hampshire’s 4,000-foot mountains in each month of 2016, becoming the first known person to do so. Courtesy

Sue Johnston poses with her husband, Chris Scott, on Mount Isolation after hiking each of New Hampshire’s 4,000-foot mountains in each month of 2016.

By NICK REID
Monitor staff
Saturday, January 07, 2017
WHITE MOUNTAINS
A New Hampshire woman has become the first known person to complete a vaunted White Mountains hiking challenge – which takes some hikers a lifetime – within a single year.

Sue Johnston of Littleton hiked each of the state’s 4,000-foot mountains in January, and then again in February, and in March, and so on, for a total of 576 peaks in 2016 – plus some extracurriculars.

Link to article here: http://www.concordmonitor.com/sue-j...son-to-completed-grid-hikes-in-a-year-7292850

Please don't post full versions of copyrighted artciles.

Last edited by a moderator:
She either won the lottery or has a sugar daddy paying the bill. "Good job" if you can get it...hiking everyday.

lavafalls

People I know in Florida also mentioned hearing/reading about this. Word has spread!

She either won the lottery or has a sugar daddy paying the bill. "Good job" if you can get it...hiking everyday.
Throwing shade on stinkyfeet. Clearly not been paying attention.

Awesome job, Sue. I'm glad it's been getting national press, although I'm sure the comments on the Denver papers don't get it. :)