Another rescue of the clueless

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z is pronoucned Zed everywhere in the English speaking world except the United States. Go figure.

To be fair, the article doesn't actually specify the airports (just Toronto-NYC), but I thought that would be briefer. Apparently not :)

Resurrecting this thread. The new Appalachia is out (Winter/Spring 2018) and this one made Accidents. He'd flown YYZ-JFK, bus to Hanover, taxi to the Flume parking. So he didn't have a car to bail to. That certainly changes the equation a bit: trying to thumb a lift on the Parkway in the dark the first week of January would not be a particularly fast or reliable way back to warmth and safety.

Lots more details in the report; worth a read. He was champing at the bit to go back out pretty much as soon as he came in...definitely somebody who bounces back with enthusiasm.

Sorry to derail the topic with my fun fact. The Rush song of the same name is said the same way but since it's an instrumental, you never hear it voiced in the song. Ask Neil the next time you run into him snowshoeing in the Whites.

I love Appalachia. Time to pick up the new copy thanks. Accidents in North American Mountaineering is usually hard to put down as well.