Baxter State Park (Maine) March 8-14, 2017

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl

Reaction score
Pierre Lefebvre (Oncoman) and I will be making a trip into Baxter State Park March 8 thru March 14. We are staying at the Doubletop cabin on Kidney Pond. On the agenda are North Brother, Fort, Mullen, OJI, Barren, and Owl. While there aren’t a lot of folks working on Maine 3ks in winter, this is a good opportunity for anyone wishing to complete the winter NE67 and NE100 to get North Brother and Fort in the company of a group.

There are four bunks still available. Cost is $130 per bunk for the six nights ($22 per night). The cabin has a woodstove and the firewood is provided by the park. Outhouses are open and TP is provided by the park. All the comforts of home!

We would certainly welcome company for any or all of the 3ks but if folks want to join strictly for Fort and/or North Brother, that will be fine too. Pierre and I will bushwhack to Mullen from Fort.

Interest parties must be experienced in winter hiking, have proper equipment, and be physically able to carry their own weight and share in trail breaking. This will be a team effort.

Pierre and I will be pulling our sleds on the tote road from the Abol winter parking area. A shuttle service is available to transport gear to the Kidney Pond entry road for those that wish to use it. Note that the shuttle is not permitted to travel the last mile into Kidney pond so they will drop gear off at the end of the entry road. My sled will be available to anyone using the shuttle to get their gear from the end of the road to the cabin.

If you are interested, please send me a PM with your credentials and goals for the trip.

Carl Cressey