Jay Peak And Burke Mountain - Resolution of Fraud case

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
https://vtdigger.org/2018/02/02/quiros-settles-81-million-sec-eb-5-fraud-jay-peak-resort/

Looks like there is going to be couple of ski resorts and some high end homes and condos on the market soon.

I expect the missing part of downtown Newport is gone for good. Maybe at some point the hole will get filled with something new.

Probably makes the Balsams project more interesting to market. Speaking of the Balsams, interesting to note that Less hasn't released a statement on the NP vote.

I don't give a hoot if those foreign investors are "made whole" in this Jay/Burke fiasco. Let em lose half their money. Who cares?

The whole concept of selling U.S. citizenship to wealthy foreigners is distasteful, especially as we incarcerate poor families on our southern border.

I visited the hotel at Burke last week. It's awesome and more than a little out of place on that small ski mountain. However, if Burke is viewed as a three-season mountain bike mecca rather than as a ski area, the hotel makes more sense. It was quite busy with Canadian bikers on their holiday weekend.

cb

Last edited: