Thread: Tom Jenks

Tom Jenks

I was surprised and saddened to learn of the passing of one of our VFTT members and frequent guest at gatherings and related social events. Will miss his good nature and humor not to mention the first cup of coffee at gatherings.

http://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries...&pid=188204915

Rest in peace, teejay, and condolences to your family and friends from all of us at VFTT.org.

Tim
    Bike, Hike, Ski, Sleep. Eat, Fish, Repeat.

Wow that is a tough one, I am glad I saw him down at Pat and Audrey's this year. RIP

So sad to hear of teejay's passing. He was a great guy and will be missed by many.
    AMC Adopt-A-Trail Program Region Leader Emeritus: Pemigewasset 1993-2005 Southern Presidentials 2005-2017
    Trail Adopter: Webster Cliff Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    I was surprised and saddened to learn of the passing of one of our VFTT members and frequent guest at gatherings and related social events. Will miss his good nature and humor not to mention the first cup of coffee at gatherings.

http://obits.syracuse.com/obituaries...&pid=188204915
    Yep, he was a good soul and is missed.

I believe that he for several years was in charge of the "Leather Apron Award" at our gatherings. (But I can't remember what the award was for!)

I do remember an epic gathering dinner with him at the White Wolf in Useless Eustis that involved much hilarity and that apron!

RIP Tom,
    cb
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post

I believe that he for several years was in charge of the "Leather Apron Award" at our gatherings. (But I can't remember what the award was for!)

cb
    As I recall the leather apron was presented to the person that travelled the furthest to attend each gathering. The leather apron itself was inspired by the staff at the White Wolf.
    I agree with Ranxerox !!!!

Swampyankee