Zealand, the Bonds, Tom, field and Wiley

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
Hey all,

We are planning a pretty demanding trip for the end of April, and I was just putting a feeler out there to find out if you all think it is do-able.

Tursday night. Drive up, arrive late.
Friday: Hike into Zealand hut. Drop gear within a mile of the hut, planning to return later to set up camp. Shoot for Tom, Field Wiley Loop, returning via Whitewall Brook trail.
Saturday: The bonds, entire loop, returning via Thoreau Falls Trail.
Sunday: Hike out.

For what it's worth, this is the same group of guys that bushwhacked Cliff directly from flowed lands, and then threw Redfield in for more punishment. :) Good times. We also have done 6 Husband's and Washington in a day, returning to camp at Wamsutta.

Also: How much snow will be up there April 22-24?

-percious

The Saturday hike will be about 20 miles but I don't think it's a big deal -- that's some pretty easy hiking. I don't know how much traffic Thoreau Falls trail will have had between the Wilderness Trail and Thoreau Falls though. You might be breaking if there's a lot of snow still. Hiking through Zealand Notch is awesome though -- I have a very similar trip planned for very soon except instead of the Willey range I wanted to climb Whitewall Mountain. I think you're gonna have a fun trip if the weather is nice!

Regards,

Dr. Wu