Magic on Bear Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Sunday the 22nd Connecticut Valley Atheists held its annual trail magic day on the summit of Bear Mountain in Salisbury, the highest point on the AT in Connecticut. Trail angel Richard joined me this year.

The most exciting part of the trip was on the drive up, where we saw a car flip over onto its roof. Luckily the only person in the car just had a few scratches, which I was able to bandage with my hiking first aid kit.

Although it rained both on the drive up and the drive back, it didn't at all on the trail.

As usual, we brought a small cooler full of fruit up to the summit, along with some lemonade. It's always great to see hikers' reaction to magic on the top of a mountain.

We magicked fifteen through hikers, tying last year's record. They were all northbound. There were also a couple section hikers, and about eight day hikers. That's much fewer day hikers than we usually see, probably because of the weather. Because of the lack of day hikers we actually had some fruit left over this year.

On the way home Richard and I stopped at the Dairy Queen in Winsted in what is shaping up to be a tradition.

Here are the pictures.

--

Cumulus

NE111 in my 50s: 115/115 (67/67, 46/46, 2/2)
NE111 in my 60s: 56/115 (44/67, 11/46, 1/2)
NEFF: 50/50; Cat35: 39/39; WNH4K: 40/48; NEHH 89/100
LT NB 2009; CT NB 2017

"I don't much care where [I get to] --" said Alice, "-- so long as I get somewhere," ...
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll