Monadnock via Pumpelly

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quietman

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I posted a trip report, but due to the recent flooding in the Dublin NH area, I wanted to give an update. The Pumpelly trail is completely passable, but is very wet with water in places that are usually very dry. Not surprising considering the recent rainfall. Definitely some new erosion, but nothing out of the ordinary. It was a great day to get out with the cooler temps and lower humidity!!!

I rode out that way yesterday - ... Rindge, Jaffrey, Dublin, Harrisville, Hancock, ... 5+ inches of rain in 6 hours definitely caused minor damage to the edges of the roads. Lots of orange traffic cones warning of compromised road edge... Route 137 from Dublin to Hancock was particularly affected.

Tim

Last edited:
I've covered most of the rest of the east and south side trails over the past couple days and they are in remarkably good condition. A few have some running and standing water and certainly low spots are quite muddy, but considering we have gotten over 19" of rain out this way since July 16, the trails have held up well. What a year for mushrooms on the mountain. Everywhere you look they are there. Many, many I have never run across before. A real treat for you fungi enthusiasts.

What a year for mushrooms on the mountain. Everywhere you look they are there. Many, many I have never run across before. A real treat for you fungi enthusiasts.

I agree, saw these shroms below that I have never seen before, yes they are that red!!

SHROMS.JPGSHROMS2.JPG

Route 137 from Dublin to Hancock was particularly affected.

Tim

The road pic is from a mile south of 137 in Hancock on Middle Road.road.JPG

This reminds me of the thunderstorms southern NH got in 2017 which wiped out some parts of Route 112. It was like flashbacks to Hurricane Irene.