Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meniscus surgery

If you do end up taking opioids for pain, stay really well hydrated. A friend needed to take the opioids for pain post major orthopedic surgery a couple years ago. The opioids gave him really bad constipation. The pain from the constipation was as bad as the pain from the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by TCD View Post
    If you do end up taking opioids for pain, stay really well hydrated. A friend needed to take the opioids for pain post major orthopedic surgery a couple years ago. The opioids gave him really bad constipation. The pain from the constipation was as bad as the pain from the surgery.
    To fix constipation I put that Miralax stuff in the coffee every day and some in a coolaid to kill the taste of it. Far as addition if somone has issues with drinking alcohol or binge eating I'd be worried. But most people don't get hooked. What I did in many surgerys I've had in my life it to wean off them slowly before the prescribed period ended. Taking Tylenol etc. during the daylight hours. With a good pain free nights sleep one can have the strength to move on in life.

Good luck tomorrow, sierra! Please let us know how everything works out.

There's a lot of great advice in this thread- especially for those of us who are approaching the age of wear and tear.

I hope everything goes well for you and we see you (and your doggo) back on the trails soon.
    AMC Adopt-A-Trail Program Region Leader Emeritus: Pemigewasset 1993-2005 Southern Presidentials 2005-2017
    Trail Adopter: Webster Cliff Trail

Just found the thread. Mine surgery was 20? years ago. Fine since. Go for multiple advil.