Mt. Moriah parking ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
I’ve done Moriah a couple of times.But not for about 3yrs. I remember a small parking area close to a house next the trailhead. Can I still park there? I think I read somewhere that it’s no longer available. If it’s not,where can I park? Thanks.

There is parking just down the road but no guarantee its plowed in the winter.

FYI, the winter approach via the CM route is far less used and far more difficult than the Stony Brook approach. There are some areas where the trail is difficult to follow up higher on the mountain. Unless you need the CM approach I strongly suggest going the Stony Brook route. The Stony Brook parking lot normally gets plowed in the winter.

Last edited:
There is parking just down the road but no guarantee its plowed in the winter.

FYI, the winter approach via the CM route is far less used and far more difficult than the Stony Brook approach. There are some areas where the trail is difficult to follow up higher on the mountain. Unless you need the CM approach I strongly suggest going the Stony Brook route. The Stony Brook route normally gets plowed in the winter.

THANKS. I’ll do it.