Peak Bragging 2018 - Add 'em up!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Yes, once again fellow peakbaggers, it's the one time a year you can freely brag about your accomplishments. Because? Because - why not? :D

Laurie and I finished the ADK Winter Fire Tower Challenge last Winter.

We also finished a few minor lists, and brought our patch collection up to about 80. Click here (facebook group) and scroll down to December 11th to see them all (1 photo). To be fair, there are several overlapping patches there...

Ok, enough about me, what did YOU do?

I finally finished the NH48 after about 23 years. Started at fifteen and did about 20 by the end of college. Then I moved home to Rhode Island wasted my 20s. Rekindled my love of the Whites in my mid-thirties and have been up there a lot the past two years. Pleased to finally get them all and happy that my 9 year old daughter joined me when I finished on Cannon. Now I'm slowly chipping away at the winter 48 but with my limited time up there this'll take me many more years.

So that was a great long term goal to finish. I also completed the 50 mile Kilkenny Ridge Race that took place in September. It started at South Pond, followed the ridge all the way over Waumbek and down to Jefferson and then we turned around and did the whole thing again. A tough day but I finished in just under 15 hours which I was very happy about.

Looking forward to more great trips up there in 2019!

Peak Bragging is so 2000's.
10 years ago, this thread would by 5 pages deep by now. Lol.

I didn't do anything worth bragging about but, had a lot of fun hiking, backpacking and kayaking with friends.
The highlight was probably returning to the Cascades for a week of hiking and backpacking.