Thread: Current parking conditions at end of Haystack Road, just off of Route 3...

Current parking conditions at end of Haystack Road, just off of Route 3...

Does anyone have any recent information about whether or not the end of Haystack Road has been plowed?

I know that this winter there have been a few spots available at the end of the road, just off of Route 3 -- wondered if they are accessible or completely plowed in?

(Thanks!)

When I drove by on Jan 15 there was a snowbank and it the short section to the gate had not been plowed..previously it had been plowed to the gate and widened so at least 3 vehicles could park..hope this helps...

Thanks for the information. Do you recall whether or not the snowbank was very high/deep? Curious about whether or not it could shoveled out for a passenger car to get over, and perhaps a spot cleared with a bit more shoveling work.

Probably moot at this point - in the midst of our 1st real snow dumping storm, but there was definitely the potential to get a small car parked there. Drove by on Weds this week.
    Life is a trip. Pack Accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Probably moot at this point - in the midst of our 1st real snow dumping storm, but there was definitely the potential to get a small car parked there. Drove by on Weds this week.
    Thanks -- we travel with a snow shovel at this time of year, so I don't mind shoveling a spot if it's shovel-able. It's the three-foot-high ice berms that are the issue. I might pack a sledge hammer, as well, until the shutdown ends.

I carry a heavy coal shovel for just that reason. Less efficient than a snow shovel for loose snow, but naked kryptonite to icy plowings.