Are WMNF stickers available with the shutdown...?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if I can get stickers in Lincoln....at a store. I imagine that the visitor's center is closed.

I know EMS in Concord does not have them.

Just wondering if I can get stickers in Lincoln....at a store. I imagine that the visitor's center is closed.

I know EMS in Concord does not have them.

You can get them at the visitors center in Lincoln if they are open. Rangers do have a station in there. You can also get them at The Mountain Wonderer Bookstore in Lincoln if he (Steve Smith) has some. He gets some but is often out.

I need a new sticker as my old one has expired but since the WMNF is not enforcing parking passes currently I will wait until the shutdown is over and pick up a set with a later expiration date. I did buy my Hike Safe card.

Given the current Sunday forecast for the Whites, access to parking lots are going to be a non issue unless they are actively plowed. Given the snow potential its going to be one where the clean up may be going to lag until Tuesday, so those parking along the highway are risking it if the final cleanup is not done. .

AMC in Crawford Notch gave me a song and dance about stickers not being available during the shutdown. I took it as a political speech more than anything else, but who knows?

Tim, where did you order a sticker online? Was it myscenicdrives?

Foster's Crossroad Emporium (Twin) is listed as an official seller. Never knew that. Drive by all the time. I will try to stop in Saturday and see.

I picked one up at the Lincoln visitor center a week or so ago at the main desk.

Went up to Lincoln and took a drive along the Kanc today

-USFS in visitors center still shut down
-the tourist employee stated she had a chat with them and they had not received any stickers. (IIRC there is a new color every year) .She said they were not enforcing.
-theres a clear plastic bag over the lincoln woods payment stations
-Hancock is still taking payments and was plowed down to a thick bed of frozen slush...very little traction.
-Lincoln woods was about 30% packed down from use, but not plowed. Now there is a bed of thick packed ice where it had been packed down...saw a few skiers...
-Some lots along the Kanc plowed (Bolles) some untouched (all of the tourist lots, Oliverian)
-all along the Kanc there were perhaps 25 or so parked cars...some protruding on the road.
-heavy flurries on both sides of the K pass today-- I guess at least 2 inches fell on all icy surfaces today.

Its going to take awhile to get the lots open if they decide to open the non fee lots as heavy gear like a loader is going to be needed. In some ways the lots that were not plowed may be in better shape as the recent thick ice only formed on plowed lots.

On FB, I saw:

U.S. Forest Service - White Mountain National Forest
We are assessing how best to begin the process of opening winter trailheads. Thank you for your patience as we get up and running!

Tim