Looking like a real snowstorm on Sunday

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Not snowmagedon at this point but still one to take seriously. NOAA is betting on Central and Southern NH getting the jackpot. https://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter#locationTables.

Hope folks heading into the backcountry for the weekend have this in their plans, the combination of blowing snow on Sunday and then cold temps on Monday are going to make for tough conditions out in the woods. They had best bring a shovel and a tow rope in the trunk as I expect if they are in parking lot they will be plowed in. Once the snow settles out and firms up it going to make some nice winter conditions. Time to get my powder snowshoes out.

Up north the locals are pretty well in winter mode from the early wintery weather in November but expect its far more of an issue with folks in Mass and Southern NH.

Not sure what you consider central. Looks to be well into and above the Whites. Will be great skiing Monday and Tuesday.:D

NeqlU7AjuV34YDZeRMClcsZVde3NFxCHe6gsnl7q4CFMnpeiGdwtCIp2zR7lMSiCm8Bw-0DIEzZCnZX06oMdFwZOTUqtXr3bne04xfUPy1inq1o_Kd8bFCND6Gxs34yI_gyjI4M6wE3O3gvIafp2AUYh-e9IXtWLpIfCfJpImEfFzPGUAAQeiTvzWgTq42VDwCPnKqJZHA9Wrbcn_GnzTutN6ANl-5xu3rtnOpmg7kvEcdz4orYz141LDIPndZSWpMT5VYifcoS8Q8he-SaiW-bFg5JMoicpKlSMswB7ZLG3i_eLhDOEelXYRW7qJLxeSsjBskCl66fasnI2onHoqr8EMV7EcvqcxhqNzajDwtzU-39e0lzo5KPR_DhUWbuC2STXMcoxjEyaudo5m0VFAsmpzamsFciPrjf3vvA1ee1_4kxBjWNn14zflMvsWuB0POeuMUYSQ5YGBaV4f4bhVw-GZE3wMBGw7dJpqT0mCQOaJHA7A50qcWhutEmxBvjyPYvZzBdnIUruYL1OJ--dbgfB8-iYS7DXiDdqXyCQWpvVjClLyiPn137lYNXyPZ_eXvrh9RxjXvcQ2vgEH9uOWpMNwtT33id18s7RL332ywAupFqErvljTwypi3fX5hbUBmBHAwqpfAtAqdWrog204tESdQ=w489-h869-no

Talking 0.5-0.7 inches of ICE for us in CT Sunday. Goodbye power.....

I'll never forget the 48 inch storm we got in Wilmington Vermont in 2010. I've never seen that much piled up.
Looking forward to this weekend's storm! Going to be Coooolllld, especially on Monday!

This storm is technically not a NorEaster. So we may be looking at a more moderate approach of readiness.new-england-snowstorm-indicators-moderate-nor-easter-light-ao-beer-14040867.jpg

They dub the storm a "Classic Miller Type B Nor’easter," whatever that is!Cb

That means :"Stock up on Miller because of light snow, but if it's heavier, stock up on 'B'ud."

Its snowing up north at 3 PM , 3 or 4 hours earlier than predicted.

I thought the Warren Type B was related to Warren Miller ;)

Last edited:
I was out hiking today around near Walden Pond. I was pleasantly surprised to see many people out on the pond ice skating. very nice clear ice. I was wishing I had my skates. It's started to snow here in Waltham as of 4:30 PM. Snow cover has been long gone hereabouts but that will change tonight.