Drunk Bloggers Killed After 800 Foot Fall in Yosemite

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tourist falling off natural features is nothing new. Reminds me of a tourist that fell off Cathedral ledge in North Conway. Bartlett and North Conway officials at a later meeting were discussing the cost of the recovery, as the boundary between the towns is actually the top of Cathedral ledge pretty much. After the official from North Conway spoke, the official from Bartlett got up and said, " Hey, not to be insensitive, but she was fine when she left Bartlett". True story.:rolleyes:

I saw nowhere in the article where they were "drunK'. Possibly intoxicated but not stated as drunk. This kind if headline inflation is prevalent in today's news.

I saw nowhere in the article where they were "drunK'. Possibly intoxicated but not stated as drunk. This kind if headline inflation is prevalent in today's news.

"The couple was “intoxicated with ethyl alcohol prior to death,” Dr. Baik write in his report obtained byThe Mercury News."

"The couple was “intoxicated with ethyl alcohol prior to death,” Dr. Baik write in his report obtained byThe Mercury News."

Also from that article:
At this time, it is not immediately clear how intoxicated the couple were when they died. “We can only conclude that they had consumed alcohol but it is unknown to what level of intoxication,” Andrea Stewart with the Mariposa County Coroner’s Office told The Mercury News.

Also from that article:

I know the terms "intoxicated" and "drunk" are generally used interchangeably, but to me intoxication feels more like a technical term (presence of alcohol in the blood), while drunk feels more like a behavioral description (someone acting drunk). There are studies that have shown that intoxicated people don't always act drunk, and that people acting drunk people aren't always intoxicated. These studies point to social/group factors as additional drivers of drunken behavior.

I'd agree that the title of this post should be changed, as the "drunk" adjective seems only to demean the victims and sensationalize the post.

I know the terms "intoxicated" and "drunk" are generally used interchangeably, but to me intoxication feels more like a technical term (presence of alcohol in the blood), while drunk feels more like a behavioral description (someone acting drunk). There are studies that have shown that intoxicated people don't always act drunk, and that people acting drunk people aren't always intoxicated. These studies point to social/group factors as additional drivers of drunken behavior.

I'd agree that the title of this post should be changed, as the "drunk" adjective seems only to demean the victims and sensationalize the post.

Sorry, I was not trying to exaggerate. I assumed the medical report would not have stated 'intoxicated' unless the BAC was high enough to be a factor. If the BAC was, e.g. .01%, then it would have been irrelevant.