recreation.gov went down on Jan 30, 2019

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big day for reservations. Total system crash. Anyone who did manage to get a reservation, it seems, will have to start over another day.

Brian

I had received an email a day or two ago about exciting new changes to the website design and how to search for new places to explore. Guess that went well!

I just booked a reservation and haven't had any issues accessing or using the site at all this year.

Interestingly, the site for Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness explicitly states at the top of the website that registration is not open until February 27. I wonder if things are now moving on a location by location basis?

Rumor I am hearing is that recreation.gov will go live again at 9am CST on Feb 27.

Brian

?? I checked it the other day when Tim posted the link and it was fine. Pretty snazzy new interface actually versus the old site. Maybe something is going on with your web browser if you can't access it.

It just keeps getting better...

# # #

Boundary Waters Permit Reservations Available March 4, 2019

DULUTH, Minn. (February 21, 2019) Beginning Monday, March 4, 2019 at 9 am CST, the USDA Forest Service will reopen the process to reserve Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness quota permits on Recreation.gov.