I hate toe rocker.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiny Norman

Reaction score
You know, the way your shoes curl upwards in the front. My feet aren't built like that are yours.

Here's a test, stand in your bare feet, easy to balance right? Now curl your toes up so they are not touching the floor. Did you feel the weight shift to your heels, did your knees locks? I hate that.

And, yes, I understand the theory that it it helps you roll into the next step. In my rigid Koflach double boots its kind of nice, maybe even needed, but in light hikers or trail runners?

Maybe toe rocker is good for running on the road. But when i am walking, hiking, or running around and over roots and rocks I want my whole foot in maximum contact with the ground. Then I can decide when to push off or how to balance.

IMHO, you lose a lot of lateral mobility also. Basketball, tennis and soccer shoes aren't rockered. I go around a lot of things when i hike. Not having to overcome the toe rocker to get onto my toes makes that easier.

End of Rant. Cheers

http://nymag.com/health/features/46213/