Lots of snow today up north

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
6" of wet snow on my porch at noon in Gorham. Its really loading the softwood branches down. Dependent on when it warms up it could be wet with dripping snow on Sunday although winds are supposed to crank up after the storm so some of the snow should get blown off the branches.

Welcome to spring conditions ;)

A bit less on my porch in Twin. Tree branches are completely coated with the stuff. Looks lovely. I'm hoping Sunday will be a good day to hike at higher elevations. Need to get in at least one more "winter" hike before spring/mud season sets in.

12-14” of heavy, wet snow at 850 ft. in NEK Vermont. Still snowing...

Was surprised to hear the national weather girl on the Today show this morning specifically reference widespread avalanche conditions in the Presidentials of NH in the national weather forecast. Don't know that I've ever seen that before. (Dylan Driver, the weather person, I think is from Boston so may have been a factor but still unusual I thought).

Mad River Glen in Vermont got 30 inches.
I was up yesterday climbing in the Northfield range and there was indeed a lot of heavy wet "drying concrete" snow.

Sugaring really hasn't started around here. I was up in Milan near York Pond Sunday afternoon. I was ready for 12" of fresh snow, what I wasn't ready for was the underlying crust was not reliable so a 2 foot plus posthole about every tenth step. I have about 32 inches of snow in the front yard. We really need a slow snow melt or bid farewell to several forest service roads and possibly a few highway bridges.

OH OH! Like a typical flat-lander I just came in from changing back to my 3-season tires. At least I know enough to keep the snow shoes in the way back. I think sap must be running in NH south of the Whites. I monitor weather in Plymouth and see steady long run of switching back and forth between freezing temps at night and above freezing during day.

Last edited: