Limmer Boots - Free to a good home

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peakbagr

Staff member
Reaction score
In the 80's stopped in to meet with Limmer who took my measurements. They were ready a few months later.
I liked them so well I ordered a second pair. They've been sitting in our closet, unused other than worn a few times on grassy soccer fields.
It would be great to have someone who'll use them, around men's 11s. They have nickel hardware, screw-in vibram soles and look brand new.
I can email photos, but you have to pay for shipping... They are not the light weight model.
No replies and they get donated to the used clothing and shoes bin.

You could always varnish them. Would make for a nice mantel piece.

Good Grief, I have two pairs, both custom. One pair from 1980 and still serviceable after three resolings, and my "new" pair dated 2009. I have been agonizing over them for a long time. Pair one cost me $160, Pair two cost me $650. What to do, what to do. Maybe have a group ceremonial burning if we can locate other Limmer owners in the same situation.

I also have a pair of customs long since unused. They were the widest pair they made that year. They only made it through one resoling before they got too narrow to wear. I swapped to trail runners and never looked back. A friend of mine used to find them at garage sales fairly frequently. The problem with them is the majority were made without insoles and the break in process involved the bottom leather pad confirming to specific foot. Once the pad is worn in, its that anyone else will fit that particular pattern.

I have two pair of Limmers. Best most comfortable boots I have ever worn. I keep them well treated with Limmer Grease, and they have never leaked. I do a lot of off trail rough ground often wet bushwack travel, and I need the protection and support of a sturdy leather boot, so sneaker-like outdoor shoes would never do for me. I hear the family is getting out of the business. That will be a sad day. I should get another pair before then. Fortunately I do not need custom sizes made, but Size 11 would not fit me.

Peter says mine are the shortest, widest ones he's ever made.

I got them in 1993, resoled twice. Mother Limmer did my measuring.

They have received a lot of use. Wore them on the AT in '95.

These days, I keep them greased up. But I only wear them occasionally.

They are a thing of beauty, but a relic of a distant time.

Unfortunately, my kid wears a 9... and he now travels fast and light in the deserts of the Southwest where he lives. *sniff*

I would like to try them if they are still available. Thank you. I can pm you my address (windham,me)