Current status of Wild River Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptCaper

Reaction score
What is the Wild River trail like from near the campground or what ever area to the washed out bridge? I had Total shoulder replacement early May and in a sling for a few weeks more. I have been hiking low elevation low washed out type hikes until I get full use of both arms and using 2 hiking poles again. We did Sawyer River Trail Sat. for 7 miles and Monday checked out the Livermore Rd ( snowmachine North Fork) from the parking lot up towards the side of Carrigan.

I'm trying to go places I haven't been at all to break the monotony of it all.

There is one very short washed out section a bit south of the old Moriah Brook bridge that requires some dainty sidehilling on the bank but apart from that it's smooth sailing to the old Spider Bridge.

UPDATE . Wasn't bad to manage. Actually from Spider bridge we went along Cedar Brook to the Blue Brook connector back to Wild River CG. Lot's of blow downs,etc. of course and mud.

CaptCaper, A real good backpack if your interested, Nancy Pond trail. You can camp at Stillwater Junction, then head up the Shoal Pond trail to Ethan Pond shelter for night two. Then out via the Ethan Pond trail. Just fantastic country out there.

CaptCaper, A real good backpack if your interested, Nancy Pond trail. You can camp at Stillwater Junction, then head up the Shoal Pond trail to Ethan Pond shelter for night two. Then out via the Ethan Pond trail. Just fantastic country out there.

There is some creepy logging camp overnighting to be had in the lower parts of the interior Pemi end of the Nancy Pond Trail. Build yourself a sweet bushcraft shelter with the mounds of old bed frames.

I wonder if that pretty piped spring is still on the trail on the way into the Pemi Wilderness heading down from Norcross Pond. It used to be a nice surprise coming across it sitting there on this remote location. Vicinity of: N44.07.237 W71.25.054 I passed it a couple of times when doing Pemi low level loops going in the Nancy Pond trail and coming out on Rte 302 with a 2.5 K road walk back to Sawyer River Road. Beautiful area far away from the "madding" crowds.

I wonder if that pretty piped spring is still on the trail on the way into the Pemi Wilderness heading down from Norcross Pond. It used to be a nice surprise coming across it sitting there on this remote location. Vicinity of: N44.07.237 W71.25.054 I passed it a couple of times when doing Pemi low level loops going in the Nancy Pond trail and coming out on Rte 302 with a 2.5 K road walk back to Sawyer River Road. Beautiful area far away from the "madding" crowds.

It's still there.