Macedonia Brook Blue Loop

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last Sunday I hiked the Macedonia Brook State Park Blue Loop, in Kent, Connecticut. This was a Ct. Section of the GMC hike. There was only other hiker besides me in our group, but at the trailhead we met a group of 19 (if I counted right) hikers who were doing the loop in the opposite direction. Besides them we saw one other hiker all day.

The Blue Loop traverses the hills on either side of the brook, which flows through the center of the park. The hills to the west are rougher and higher, and include Mt. Cobble, the park's high point. We started at the southern road crossing and went clockwise, so that we would be past Cobble before the predicted thunderstorms came. Unfortunately, this meant we would be going downhill on the most difficult part of the loop, to the north of Cobble, but we survived it.

When we were near the northern end we met that other group going the other way.

When we were on the nice open woods at the southern end of the eastern hills it started raining, but we just got a sprinkle and then it stopped; the thunderstorms never came.

It turned out to be a great day in the woods. The only downside was that Annie Bananie's in Kent, where I had been hoping to have some ice cream, has gone out of business.

Here are the pictures.

--

Cumulus

NE111 in my 50s: 115/115 (67/67, 46/46, 2/2)
NE111 in my 60s: 62/115 (48/67, 12/46, 2/2)
NEFF: 50/50; Cat35: 39/39; WNH4K: 40/48; NEHH 89/100
LT NB 2009; CT NB 2017

"I don't much care where [I get to] --" said Alice, "-- so long as I get somewhere," ...
"Oh, you're sure to do that," said the Cat, "if you only walk long enough."
- Lewis Carroll