Random license plate sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty

Reaction score
I know it's a long shot that said person is here, but maybe a slightly interesting story nonetheless.

Warner is a fairly rural town, and I'm on a rural road that serves only 3 purposes. Local access (middle portion is dirt), a bypass around a covered bridge, and access to some relatively unknown town maintained trails. Was getting into my car at home yesterday when a vehicle passed with "52WAV" on the plate. Not sure if it was a local (haven't seen before) or someone checking out the trails.

I know it's a long shot that said person is here, but maybe a slightly interesting story nonetheless.

Warner is a fairly rural town, and I'm on a rural road that serves only 3 purposes. Local access (middle portion is dirt), a bypass around a covered bridge, and access to some relatively unknown town maintained trails. Was getting into my car at home yesterday when a vehicle passed with "52WAV" on the plate. Not sure if it was a local (haven't seen before) or someone checking out the trails.
Think that might be “Dingo”. He is everywhere and has the wealth of knowledge to prove it.

Son of a gun, I wished I had known it was you, I would've followed you up the hill to say howdy! Yeah, I'm the second house on the right as you were heading up the steep part (on the paved section). The ancient one right next to the road (the house, not me).

Salty, too funny. I knew you lived in that general area based on a previous post you wrote about the Minks, but didn't realize they were literally in your back yard!

Barkingcat, indeed, I'm lucky to have it in my backyard.

Regarding Dingo's NETC post for the potential benefit of others (and thank you for posting the conditions):

I've undoubtedly been on the 1350' bumps at some past point and recall nothing unusual, but there was a full blown campsite with tents (as in possibly someone's living accommodations) showing recent use just west of the trail on the Cross Minks before hitting the field/woods road. Can't remember exactly where however.

The White Trail is indeed lightly traveled, before they put up fresh blazes about 3 or so years ago even I had trouble following it.

Good to hear you didn't find the red blazed trail. I think you know, but again for others, that's a bootleg trail, and one part of it is reportedly built poorly on very erosion-prone ground, and I'd like to see it go away. I made the State and Town aware of this some time ago. There's simply no need for a trail to Stewart's. Those pursuing it for a list have bushwhacking experience, and the whack is easy as pie. That and I have a major issue with a person or small group of people deciding for themselves what to do with land that belongs to all of us.

I suppose since I no longer maintain the Chippewa I should talk to the town and get some work done.

One of these days I'm going to redline the last trail I haven't done and pile together my GPS tracks and get a proper map done.