Incredible story - Youngest person to Climb El Cap

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caught this yesterday through Outside (a few more details). I would normally (cynically) chalk this up to parents living vicariously through their children, but I definitely did not get that vibe in this case. Outstanding. Someone to keep an eye on in the future.

My son was Scuba diving down totally on his own. Own gear and effort to descend and ascend at 45 ft or less often with me spearing fish and lobster catching at 9 yrs but near 10 yrs old. Was a certified PADI Advanced Diver at 12 yrs old. Wreck diving as well. Jacque Cousteau did the same with his boys. He now is a USCG 20 yr guy. Stationed at Gloucester Ma.

Shows what children can learn and do when parents take an initiative to teach and shower love on them.

Shows what children can learn and do when parents take an initiative to teach and shower love on them.

A young child's inclination to climb things seems almost innate. I've watched toddlers eagerly tackle stone walls, monkey bars, boulders and other vertical challenges all my life and thought how cool is that!

My own daughter was quite at home on local boulder problems, the friction pitches of Whitehorse and vertical scrambles on the Huntington Ravine trail at a young age.

Let the children lead!
cb

A young child's inclination to climb things seems almost innate. I've watched toddlers eagerly tackle stone walls, monkey bars, boulders and other vertical challenges all my life and thought how cool is that!

My own daughter was quite at home on local boulder problems, the friction pitches of Whitehorse and vertical scrambles on the Huntington Ravine trail at a young age.

Let the children lead!
cb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo85Bkm-Ano