Thread: Incredible story - Youngest person to Climb El Cap

Incredible story - Youngest person to Climb El Cap

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...imb-el-capitan
    This is amazing. Some people have wonderful God given talents.

I caught this yesterday through Outside (a few more details). I would normally (cynically) chalk this up to parents living vicariously through their children, but I definitely did not get that vibe in this case. Outstanding. Someone to keep an eye on in the future.

My son was Scuba diving down totally on his own. Own gear and effort to descend and ascend at 45 ft or less often with me spearing fish and lobster catching at 9 yrs but near 10 yrs old. Was a certified PADI Advanced Diver at 12 yrs old. Wreck diving as well. Jacque Cousteau did the same with his boys. He now is a USCG 20 yr guy. Stationed at Gloucester Ma.

Shows what children can learn and do when parents take an initiative to teach and shower love on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCaper View Post
    Shows what children can learn and do when parents take an initiative to teach and shower love on them.
    A young child's inclination to climb things seems almost innate. I've watched toddlers eagerly tackle stone walls, monkey bars, boulders and other vertical challenges all my life and thought how cool is that!

My own daughter was quite at home on local boulder problems, the friction pitches of Whitehorse and vertical scrambles on the Huntington Ravine trail at a young age.

Let the children lead!
    cb
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    A young child's inclination to climb things seems almost innate. I've watched toddlers eagerly tackle stone walls, monkey bars, boulders and other vertical challenges all my life and thought how cool is that!

My own daughter was quite at home on local boulder problems, the friction pitches of Whitehorse and vertical scrambles on the Huntington Ravine trail at a young age.

Let the children lead!
    cb
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo85Bkm-Ano
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Edited subject line - please use descriptive thread titles
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. -- Dr. Seuss