Heading up to New Hampshike tomorrow 6-20-2019 for 5 days of hiking some of the 4000'

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Reaction score
Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid pa
Is there a need for me to carry any micro spikes in the higher peaks in the Presidential range? I know the weather isn't going to be that good,so I have all the proper gear,but if I don't have to carry the spikes that would be a good heads up. Thanks In advance.Coming up from the Catskills.

No need, we are in full summer mode. Sure there might be a few snow patches like the infamous one between Jefferson and Edmands Col but its usually a minor diversion. Great Gully in Kings Ravine still looks like it has a snowfield and I expect the big snow patch in the woods where Pine Link and Howker Ridge trail meet is probably in place. Plenty of trail reports on the TrailsNH website.

The biggest hassle is parking along the parkway at Lafayette Place. Either get here real early on week day or go get in line for the shuttle. It may change your plans for Cannon, Kinsman's and definitely Lafayette and Lincoln