Baxter State Park Director Interview

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update link. I guess I'll have to wait for the Dudley Trail another year......

Definitely worth the wait. For one of my BSP hiking partners years ago, its distinctive, bouldery character inspired him to refer to it as The Delightful Dudley Trail after experiencing it as the start of a spectacular clockwise loop from Chimney Pond. And then, a couple of years later, as the downhill finale of a counterclockwise loop, it became The Dastardly Dudley Trail. Those names stuck in our lexicon for quite some time.

I'm looking forward to exploring the new routing when done -- I'm currently anticipating similarities to how Abol turned out.

Alex

Given where the slide is I anticipate that the lower section in the Krummholz will be lengthened considerably but no reason to move it above treeline.

I personally liked going down it as the views are far better. I tend to focus on the boulders in front of me when ascending.

Given where the slide is I anticipate that the lower section in the Krummholz will be lengthened considerably but no reason to move it above treeline.

I personally liked going down it as the views are far better. I tend to focus on the boulders in front of me when ascending.

Last time I went up Dudley was in the winter. And I remember "finger rock" or some such landmark mocking me as we slogged ever higher. A great trail!!

Hope it retains its character.