Tripoli Road Camping closed Indefinitely due to Bear issues

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect Russell Pond and Waterville Valley will have some extra "visitors" ;)

The blackberry crop is about 1 to 2 weeks out in the future, hopefully they will shift to natural food sources but expect there is another generation of habituated bear cubs.

Update on Tripoli Road.... I drove up Tripoli Road Sunday 7/28 intending to do bushwhack up West Tecumseh spur ridge from Hix Hill Road. I was shocked and saddened to see conditions on Tripoli Road. I saw plenty of camping going on all along the road. The gate to Forest Road I wanted to use to access my route was closed. I saw one site that must have had no less than 20 cars parked adjacent to it. I could see huge plastic pavilion down the hill dozens of people walking about. It's been somewhat dry so cars travelling the road constantly raise clouds of dust. All cars were heavily coated with dust. I'd be very careful walking any where in woods near these campsites. 20 car loads of people must generate tons of poop and pee. I bailed on my plan and left area quickly. Luckily I had a plan B.

Yes

Update on Tripoli Road.... I drove up Tripoli Road Sunday 7/28 intending to do bushwhack up West Tecumseh spur ridge from Hix Hill Road. I was shocked and saddened to see conditions on Tripoli Road. I saw plenty of camping going on all along the road. The gate to Forest Road I wanted to use to access my route was closed. I saw one site that must have had no less than 20 cars parked adjacent to it. I could see huge plastic pavilion down the hill dozens of people walking about. It's been somewhat dry so cars travelling the road constantly raise clouds of dust. All cars were heavily coated with dust. I'd be very careful walking any where in woods near these campsites. 20 car loads of people must generate tons of poop and pee. I bailed on my plan and left area quickly. Luckily I had a plan B.

I don't understand how they allow all of those people without facilities. Seriously gross.