Thread: Pretty cool peak climbing documentary

Pretty cool peak climbing documentary

Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey.**https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6861980/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1a
    This documentary is great. Fred Beckey accomplished so many first ascents. Such an inspirational pioneering climber. I think any mountain enthusiast would be enthralled by this film.
    Spencer
    Bigfoot

I wasn't going to watch it since you didn't offer a money back guarantee, but then I remembered I had Amazon Prime.

I checked it out last night, and definitely well worth watching and learning about his life. Amazing story. It was also amusing to see a brief clip of Messner being, well, Messner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5A2AF110-D891-4702-A8D2-20272FAC69B6.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	6242 Nothing like being a legend in your own time.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Everyone I have recommended the movie to who has watched it has really enjoyed it and been glad they watched the film. Such a fascinating character. I love when he says in the documentary: [paraphrasing] Why would I ever want to take a cruise? There's nothing interesting or adventurous in just taking a cruise - unless someone bombed the ship!, then I'd be interested because now there'd be some adventure!" Lol
    Spencer
    Bigfoot

Thanks for sharing this, Spencer. I thought that the end was a tad abrupt, but otherwise, it was well done.

I first became familiar with Beckey when hiking out in the North Cascades with a friend who is also a climber. His three-volume Cascade Alpine Guide is indispensable. His writing alone refutes the criticism of Messner and others that he should have "grown up" or that he never did anything productive.
    '"
    Last edited by TEO; 07-31-2019 at 11:57 PM.

It circulated through Patagonia stores a few years back. Barry Blanchard came to the New Haven store to introduce the movie, which was pretty neat, and I was able to buy a t-shirt that says, "Will belay for food".

It's a wonderful movie. Fun.

Brian