Pretty cool peak climbing documentary

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't going to watch it since you didn't offer a money back guarantee, but then I remembered I had Amazon Prime. :p

I checked it out last night, and definitely well worth watching and learning about his life. Amazing story. It was also amusing to see a brief clip of Messner being, well, Messner. :)

5A2AF110-D891-4702-A8D2-20272FAC69B6.jpg Nothing like being a legend in your own time.

Everyone I have recommended the movie to who has watched it has really enjoyed it and been glad they watched the film. Such a fascinating character. I love when he says in the documentary: [paraphrasing] Why would I ever want to take a cruise? There's nothing interesting or adventurous in just taking a cruise - unless someone bombed the ship!, then I'd be interested because now there'd be some adventure!" Lol

Thanks for sharing this, Spencer. I thought that the end was a tad abrupt, but otherwise, it was well done.

I first became familiar with Beckey when hiking out in the North Cascades with a friend who is also a climber. His three-volume Cascade Alpine Guide is indispensable. His writing alone refutes the criticism of Messner and others that he should have "grown up" or that he never did anything productive.
'"

Last edited:
It circulated through Patagonia stores a few years back. Barry Blanchard came to the New Haven store to introduce the movie, which was pretty neat, and I was able to buy a t-shirt that says, "Will belay for food".

It's a wonderful movie. Fun.

Brian