Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New AMC Logo....a good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey J View Post
    I will offer my 2 cents and say that the new logo strikes me as trying way too hard to be clever.
    One should not have to decode a logo. And that little inserted "o' in outdoors is just silly.
    On the other hand, if they like it, good for them.
    Well put. Don’t need no stinkin decoder rings.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Don't like it. Doesn't look like it has anything to do with the outdoors. The previous one was much better. I hope they go back to it.
    "The laborers day ends with the going down of the sun, and he is then free to
    devote himself to his chosen pursuit, independent of his labor and his
    employer". Henry David Thoreau

new AMC logo...stupid looking

Curious on how much AMC paid for some PR agency to come up with that design. What was wrong with the older logo? Nothing for my two bits. It showed mountains, trees, river/water and that is where the AMC does all it activities. This new logo, you see none of that. What is wrong with a simple easy to see/understand logo that has become a classic? I certainly will not put that new logo on my car window.
    Lavafalls

Quote Originally Posted by LavaFalls View Post
    Curious on how much AMC paid for some PR agency to come up with that design. What was wrong with the older logo? Nothing for my two bits. It showed mountains, trees, river/water and that is where the AMC does all it activities. This new logo, you see none of that. What is wrong with a simple easy to see/understand logo that has become a classic? I certainly will not put that new logo on my car window.
    Lavafalls
    Having worked as a graphic artist for many many years, I agree with the majority that the new logo is not something I would (at a glance) associate with the Appalachian Mountain Club. And, way back when I did my work as a designer I was ever mindful that one must "get the message across" at 1st glance. Fast forward to today's techno-fast-twitch-sound-bite-cursory-glance attention spans we are cultivating. I don't get it. Wish they'd asked me.
    Life is a trip. Pack Accordingly.

KoKo Head Direct About 1024 Steps one way
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    Having worked as a graphic artist for many many years, I agree with the majority that the new logo is not something I would (at a glance) associate with the Appalachian Mountain Club.
    Upon noodling on this topic for a few weeks I've come to a realization: Most of us on VFTT represent the past. The AMC and its new logo is looking toward the future.

In this era of fluid sexuality and gender-bending identity options, stick man takes no position on who or what you are. Anyone and everyone can be an AMC member.

And mountains are no longer the only reason to join, and maybe not even the main reason. Maybe you are looking to be part of a like-minded community of active, social, conservation-oriented millennials, as interested in networking as in outdoor pursuits. (Have you celebrated a birthday at a rock gym?)

From Yoga on the summits to writing and painting workshops, it's a brave new organization.

I wish them (and their new logo) success.
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

I, for one, welcome our new stick-figure overlords!
    It's a lot like fun, but different.