A strange "hiking" partner

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaFalls

Reaction score
While descending Owls Head yesterday (August 25) I saw two ladies climbing up the slide. Both were chunky, tight poly pro tops and leggings, no packs, no water, K-mart Special "hiking sneakers". One of these ladies had what looked like purse/small day pack in her hand. When I passed her I saw a rabbit in what was those small pet carry bags. Light Brown color and its ears flat. It's looked as if the rabbit was scared at what was going on. I presume there must be a severe separation anxiety issue here and I don't think it's the rabbit's issue.
Lavafalls

Remember PinPin's wonderful trip reports from years ago where the stuffed rabbit was cast as making all the right hiking decisions?

Maybe the hikers wanted to get trail advice from a real rabbit? :)

Never say it's "just a rabbit". I've seen one that was, well, no ordinary rabbit. It was the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.

Never say it's "just a rabbit". I've seen one that was, well, no ordinary rabbit. It was the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on.
This is starting to remind me of Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

Last edited:
At least they had food with them. Nothing like Hasenpfeffer over an open fire.:D

At least they had food with them. Nothing like Hasenpfeffer over an open fire.:D

Hope they knew how to rub two sticks together. Something tells me they forgot the Bic Lighter.

Excellent reference.

Another - "follow the white rabbit" from The Matrix.

While descending Owls Head yesterday (August 25) I saw two ladies climbing up the slide. Both were chunky, tight poly pro tops and leggings, no packs, no water, K-mart Special "hiking sneakers". One of these ladies had what looked like purse/small day pack in her hand. When I passed her I saw a rabbit in what was those small pet carry bags. Light Brown color and its ears flat. It's looked as if the rabbit was scared at what was going on. I presume there must be a severe separation anxiety issue here and I don't think it's the rabbit's issue.
Lavafalls

What relevance does "chunky" have here? It's evidently so important that it's the first thing you listed about them :confused:

This is the most random thread I've read on VFTT.

Monty Python, KMart, Bugs Bunny, Jefferson Airplane.

:)