Caribou Valley Rd near Carrabassett Valley, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpino

Reaction score
A year ago I had planned to hike the Crockers and Mount Redington, but the road to the trail head (Caribou Valley Rd), off of Rt 27, was closed for bridge maintenance. Does anyone know if the road is open now, at least as far as the trail head to the Crockers and Sugarloaf? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

A year ago I had planned to hike the Crockers and Mount Redington, but the road to the trail head (Caribou Valley Rd), off of Rt 27, was closed for bridge maintenance. Does anyone know if the road is open now, at least as far as the trail head to the Crockers and Sugarloaf? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I just searched NE Trail Conditions for Redington. There are numerous reports for Crockers Redington for this summer 2019. One in particular reports "Weyerhaeuser is closing the Caribou Pond Road Monday through Friday from July 15 until December 31 from 4:00 AM to 6:00 PM for forestry operations". Others report CVR is open on weekends. I expect bridges are in good condition due to logging. Years ago the bridges were always questionable whether to cross them in a vehicle.

Last edited: