Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saddleback And Abraham In Maine

Did Saddleback and via the ski trails - on right facing up. Ridge walk to the Horn. And back. Really hot that day, and very little shade on the ski trail. Gave a lot of food to theu hiikers at the Saddleback summit carn.

Entered Abe via road thru Barnjum and then to AT. Quite a ride! Gerry Largay, a thru hiker, disappeared just W of there in 2013 - body found 2-3 years later ~ 1/2 mile from AT.

http://thebollard.com/2016/07/04/m-i...a-t-no-escape/

Quote Originally Posted by rup View Post
    Did Saddleback and via the ski trails - on right facing up. Ridge walk to the Horn. And back. Really hot that day, and very little shade on the ski trail. Gave a lot of food to theu hiikers at the Saddleback summit carn.

Entered Abe via road thru Barnjum and then to AT. Quite a ride! Gerry Largay, a thru hiker, disappeared just W of there in 2013 - body found 2-3 years later ~ 1/2 mile from AT.

http://thebollard.com/2016/07/04/m-i...a-t-no-escape/
    Nice job on the Barnjum way. Thats been on my buck list for years. I believe it was washed out for years?[6-8 years ago, not sure] Interesting story on Gerry Largay. Liked the first half, not sure about the second. Seems writer is a little paranoid maybe. The misleading[ not intentional, imho] phone call about her location was a big factor at the start of the search which put wardens in the wrong location. Also within law enforcement circles up around Stratton at the time of the search it was common knowledge she was having possible issues with mental health and depression. This is info I was personally told at the Stratton motel a few months later by someone who knew what was going on with the search. The search was very concentrated around Abraham and Spaulding initially due to faulty info at the start. The search seemed to never recover from these initial tragic mishaps. To continue the blame game and point fingers at the wardens or NCIS is pointless....
    ne67/n.e.h.h.31/100w