Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: York Pond Road closed to access Bunnel Notch and Unknown Pond trails starting Monday

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcgo View Post
    This is and has always been B.S. First, what’s his name and who is giving him cover?
    The government and the AMC defer to this ****o*e but there is an easement.
    The government is “great” in getting other Americans’ land, so who is this jerk who flouts the law.
    The USFS should take some of his land in eminent domain, post signs that it’s OK to use the trail, pave the land that “we” want, floodlight the area and put up security cameras.
    Also, he can’t use our parking lot. Make your own, jerk.
    Its all been covered in the past on VFTT. Search and you will find

KoKo Head Direct About 1024 Steps one way
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra View Post
    According to a friend of mine today. The landowner does not welcome hikers and the trail is closed.
    This is at best second (third?) hand information.

I suggest that our own north country "reliable source" Peakbagger drive the hell over there and find out what the situation is.

And if he can't do so then "Skiguy" is in the on-deck circle.

We await your post Peakbagger!

cb
    Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    Strange days indeed -- most peculiar, mama

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    This is at best second (third?) hand information.

I suggest that our own north country "reliable source" Peakbagger drive the hell over there and find out what the situation is.

And if he can't do so then "Skiguy" is in the on-deck circle.

We await your post Peakbagger!

cb
    I believe peakbagger has already done a pretty good job of summing it up in post #9 already.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

I think Roy S had actually been to the registry of deeds and pulled the applicable deeds. I hiked with a retired local Lancaster doctor last year that lives and has lived on the road for many years where the former trailhead was located last. He confirmed the situation. The only item I have not confirmed is the report that the landowner up the logging road who objects to hiker access is "out of the picture". Its has been a moot point of late as with the exception of the recent York Pond closure the Bunnell Notch and Unknown Pond loop is quite popular.
    Last edited by peakbagger; 11-17-2019 at 06:14 AM.

>> I think Roy S had actually been to the registry of deeds and pulled the applicable deeds.

Roy May have done it. So did I. There are a couple different rights of way. Probably a moot point since the WMNF decided against pursuing the matter and “closed” the trail so many years ago. I do know that it still gets hiked.

I don’t need to search it. I was involved and sided with Roy back then. The government loves closing trails and whole national forests to all except to an elite group of people.
    That jerk believes he is elite.
    A government that works for taxpayers who want recreation opportunities wouldn’t rip out bridges and shelters, close trails, remove signs, encourage expansion of deadly animals, and close the forest to the handicapped.
    A government like that would tar the jerk’s land, put in port-O-lets, and permit lunch trucks.
    Yes, I remember the issues. I also remember that there were hundreds of VFTT members and many topics than there are now.