Fourteen Highest Peaks in 189 Days!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/i...n-shatters-record-scaling-world-highest-peaks

This made my jaw drop:

In Nepal, he also climbed Mount Dhaulagiri on May 12, Mount Kanchenjunga on May 15, Mount Everest on May 22, Mount Lhotse on May 22, Mount Makalu on May 24

I read several articles on this. He also participated in several rescues, fixed lines on some routes for others and served as a guide on several peaks. I think they need to test this guy and see if he is a robot. Just the travel logistics alone, permits, the weather and other factors that don't even pertain to the hiking are impressive. Absolutely insane accomplishment.

I recently read about this. So over-the-top. It is particularly amazing that he was able to have good enough weather for all 14 - which allowed them to be summited during the short window in which he climbed. Probably going to be a while before this record is broken. I read that before this the fastest to do all Fourteen was like 7 years.

And he had to wait a month for his permit to climb Shishapangma, his last peak. He got help from Tibet to get it. So this ridiculous time could easily be a month shorter.