Thread: Anybody tried these MaxProtect winter tech gloves yet ?

Anybody tried these MaxProtect winter tech gloves yet ?

I have no affiliation. Mods can delete the link, if needs be. Interested as proclamations are over the top.

https://zekud.com/products/maxprotec...er-tech-gloves
    Dead Last > Did Not Finish > Did Not Start

* ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
    THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

I have not tried those, but like these: https://www.backcountry.com/gordini-...1lbnMtZ2xvdmVz

Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    I have no affiliation. Mods can delete the link, if needs be. Interested as proclamations are over the top.

https://zekud.com/products/maxprotec...er-tech-gloves
    I would watch your credit card - site is very hokey looking. Looks like one of the fly-by-night Chinese scam sites. Might want to shop with a prepaid card.

I have not tired the linked product but in general have not found waterproof winter gloves to be of great value for long hiking days. They are great for chores around the house but eventually the lack of breathability means the insulation gets wet.

These remind me of the "ice fisherman" winter gloves I bought at Cabala's when I was first starting out winter camping. Great early on but moisture laden and compromised by the end of the day.

I relegated those gloves to snow shoveling duty, along with my SOREL PAC boots. Both items are excellent choices for that task.

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    I have not tired the linked product but in general have not found waterproof winter gloves to be of great value for long hiking days. They are great for chores around the house but eventually the lack of breathability means the insulation gets wet.
    I found that once the insulation gets wet, that type of glove takes about a week to dry. They would be suitable for ice climbing on weekends.

Never had much luck with this type of glove without sweating it out. I am also surprised with the lack of shell type gloves with removable liners available on the market now. I have a few different pairs and glad I have them. I essentially utilize them in a layering scheme. The shells are waterproof/ breathable but I can choose singular or multiple layers of insulation depending on conditions.
    "I'm getting up and going to work everyday and I am stoked. That does not suck!"__Shane McConkey

Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post
    Never had much luck with this type of glove without sweating it out. I am also surprised with the lack of shell type gloves with removable liners available on the market now. I have a few different pairs and glad I have them. I essentially utilize them in a layering scheme. The shells are waterproof/ breathable but I can choose singular or multiple layers of insulation depending on conditions.
    I like Mercury Mitt shells with Fox River three-layer gloves or double mitts.